Check out Step Up to University Hospitals, the innovative neighborhood jobs pipeline we built in partnership with University Hospitals and Towards Employment. Information sessions are happening now. Positions available in environmental and nutrition services at University Hospitals.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is critical to the care of hospital patients
- Earn a competitive hourly wage with a local employer that is committed to staff advancement
- Prepare for the interviews and ensure success on the job with FREE skills development classes
- Gain a renewed sense of confidence and a network of support to help you succeed
- Commitment to 2 weeks of unpaid pre-employment classes
- Motivated to learn new skills and gain employment
- Already have a high school diploma or GED
- Tobacco and drug free
- No criminal backgrounds (with some limited exceptions)
- Resident of Greater University Circle, which includes Glenville, Hough, Fairfax, Central, Buckeye-Shaker Square, Little Italy, University Circle and the city of East Cleveland
Choose one of the following information sessions. Please arrive on time.
- Tuesday, June 6: At 10 a.m. at East Cleveland Public Library, 14101 Euclid Ave.
- Thursday, June 8: At 1 p.m. at Hough Library, 1566 Crawford Rd.
- Monday, June 12: At 10 a.m. at PNC Fairfax Connection, 8220 Carnegie Ave.
- Wednesday, June 14: At 10 a.m. at Neighborhood Connections, 5000 Euclid Ave. #310 (inside the Agora. Parking in back off of Prospect.)
- Tueday, June 20: At 1 p.m. at Khnemu Foundation Lighthouse Center, 966 E. 105th St.
1. Call 216-696-7311 for more information and to register for session. Be sure to say which session you want to attend if leaving a message.
2. Be prepared to participate in a 2 week unpaid training from 9 a.m. to -3 p.m. Monday through Friday at Towards Employment, 1255 Euclid Avenue, Suite 300, Cleveland, 44115.
In 2013, a survey of Neighbor Up members found that jobs were one of people's biggest concerns. About 30 percent of those surveyed said they could not find a job in their neighborhood that paid a living wage. Neighbor Up members began working with University Hospitals and Towards Employment to dismantle the wall separating Greater University Circle neighbors from good- paying jobs right in the community. Step Up to University Hospitals was born. Read more about it here.