Neighbor Up members share job postings as one way of building wealth for all.
Job Title: HEAP Intake Specialist
Department/Group: Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
Location: Fairfax Renaissance Development Corporation 8111 Quincy Avenue, Suite 100, Cleveland, Ohio 44104
Contact: Send resumes to: GPowell@fairfaxdev.org OR mail To Gail Powell at the address above
Will Train Applicant(s): Yes
Posting Expires: June 9, 2017
The HEAP Intake Specialist is responsible for processing persons applying to the HEAP Program by collecting and verifying required documents to determine eligibility for the program. Specialist will be required to process persons via an electronic state wide computer application and must ensure that applications are complete and all required documents are provided to ensure payment of financial assistance in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide intake for HEAP Program applicants
• Resolve customer concerns regarding the HEAP process
• Maintain program files
• Process applicants seeking various utility company financial assistance programs
• Attend HEAP trainings as required
• Attend required agency meetings/functions
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
• Maintain quality records/files, including scanning, indexing, and data entry of quality documentation
• Scan client eligibility data to the State of Ohio
• Organize and store hard copies of files
• Ability to maintain total confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages and personal conversations. Will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced hectic environment
• Outstanding customer service skills required including telephone skills, public speaking skills and the ability to work with disgruntled customers
• The ability to maintain a level of professionalism at all times
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office
• Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel and program clients
• Understand and follow complex instructions related to filing and scanning documents.
• Must be flexible and able to comply with frequent program changes
• Familiarity with the HEAP Program preferred but will train
• Associate’s Degree preferred
• The employee must be able to work as part of a team.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE