EveryBODY Can Make Music! is a creative arts project for all abilities funded in part with a grant from Neighborhood Connections. You can play and make drums with the deaf and wheelchair communities at several upcoming workshops. Interpreters will be present.
1 Teacher Workshop: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 4
- For teachers and others who want to learn how to integrate drumming, signing and wheel chair dance.
- Make, play and take simple drums for use in teaching the deaf and wheelchair communities.
- Learn how to apply lessons from the Roots of Rhythem curriculum at RootsofRhythm.net.
- This training is intended to be used in one or more of the May Drum Circles
- Cost: $20.00
4 Drum Circles for Every BODY: 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturdays May 2, 9, 16 & 23
- Experience the joy and therapeutic effects of drumming in a Drum Circle.
- Join with our focus on the deaf and wheelchair communities.
- Make and take home your own drum, a different one in each of the four sessions.
- These events are open to the public. All ages are welcome to attend.
- Cost: $20.00
Location: Dancing Wheels Company & School, 3615 Euclid Avenue, 3rd Floor Studio, Masonic Hall Building
Featuring: Dr. Craig Woodson (drumming), Sherri Green (deaf community), Emma Parker (Dancing Wheels)
For more information, contact: Sherri Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216 280-6337 or Pastor Gary Lawson at 216 370-7696.
Want to register online? Go to: Handsthatspeakvolumes.org and click the events page
Prefer snail mail?
Send check or money order to:
Hands That Speak Volumes
14113 Mayfair Ave. Up
E. Cleveland, OH 44112
*Indicate if you are registering to attend the learning how to make a drum or to be part of a drum circle or both.*
Interested in supporting this work?
Check out the group’s GoFundMe campaign